National Flute Association Insurance Program
If you are not participating in the NFA Flute Insurance Program, and are an active member in good standing with the National Flute Association, all you have to do is submit an application today to get this valuable coverage started. The coverage provided under this program and the rate of $.45/$100 is too good to pass up!! If you are not a member of the National Flute Association, click here to join the NFA right now – online (will open in a new window). Once you submit your NFA membership application you can apply for your NFA Flute Insurance
CAUSES OF LOSS“All Risk” Coverage, except as excluded, is provided for your instruments and related equipment and accessories.
This coverage is provided on an agreed value basis.
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR & BROKER
Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance Solutions, LLC
1570 Lakeview Drive
Sebring, FL 33870-7959
Hanover Insurance Company is the insurance carrier underwriting our program for the National Flute Association Flute Insurance Program. This program is issued in the State of Illinois. A copy of the Anderson Group Musical Instrument Insurance Coverage Form insured by Hanover Insurance Company may be viewed here.
The Flute Insurance Program minimum premium is $150.00 ($125.00 plus a $25.00 annual policy fee). This means that you can insure up to $27,777 of itemized Flutes, most other instruments and related accessories (rates are higher for harps and string basses).
- Coverage for both personal and professional use at no additional cost.
- Zero “All Perils” Deductible.
- Students are welcome; either living at home or away at school.
- Diminished Value Coverage included at no additional cost.
- Coverage becomes effective once you receive confirmation of approval along with payment in full by US Check, US Money Order, Master Card, VISA, Discover, or American Express. You can also click here to pay online via our secure server!
ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
Electronic Equipment and Software may be added at a cost of $.65/$100 of insured value. Software includes audio, VST, VSTi plugins and synch licenses using virtual or hardware dongles. This charge is in addition to the total premium for your musical instrument schedule and accessories.
RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT COVERAGE
Included at no additional charge for members insured in the National Flute Association Insurance Program. Coverage is provided up to $600 per month for up to 12 months subject to the timely repair of a covered loss on a damaged instrument IF you do not have an equivalent idle instrument.
Our policy extends coverage for terrorism losses covered by the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA) at no additional charge.
THEFT FROM UNLOCKED VEHICLE EXCLUSION
If your instrument(s) is in a vehicle, that vehicle must be kept locked at all times. Coverage is provided for theft, pilferage, burglary or robbery only if evidenced by visible signs of forced entry on the exterior of the vehicle or vehicle lock(s).
DOES MY HOMEOWNERS POLICY COVER MY FLUTES?
- Most homeowner’s policies will limit coverage for musical instruments; generally up to a maximum limit of $2,000 especially if you receive any “pay for play”. If you have an instrument valued more than this amount, you should really consider the NFA Flute Insurance Program.
- Most homeowner’s policies don’t respond at claim time if an instrument is used being used in a paid performance. That is considered “business use”. If a loss happens while being paid for a performance, your homeowner’s policy may not pay. Flute Insurance with Anderson Group covers casual, professional and business use of your Flutes.
- Did you realize your homeowner’s policy does NOT cover flood damage? Unless you have a separate flood policy covering personal property, there is no coverage for your musical instruments. Our Insurance policy covers flood damage to itemized instruments!
- Did you know your homeowner’s policy does NOT typically cover earthquake Damage let alone earthquake damage to instruments?
- Our Musical Instrument policy is designed to cover perils not normally covered on a homeowner’s policy, such as falling, cracking, etc. It is not until after the claim has occurred that a Homeowner’s claim adjuster will look at the requested insured value for an instrument. A homeowner’s policy will not pay for breakage due to bumping, falling, dropping, etc.! There are no listed perils like these listed on a homeowners policy! (A complete copy of the Anderson Group Musical Instruments Coverage From may be seen by clicking here).
- Our NFA Flute Insurance policy provides a -0- deductible, whereas your homeowner’s policy may have a deductible upwards of $1000 or more!
- Our NFA Flute Insurance policy provides Agreed Value coverage for your itemized instruments, while your home owner’s policy may only provide Actual Cash Value (Replacement Cost minus Depreciation). Typically, flutes and many musical instruments in top condition may have little to no depreciation, so this is a very big question to ask your agent! You wouldn’t want to find yourself in a predicament!
- Does the total value of your musical instrument insurance coverage on your homeowner’s policy get deducted from the Personal Property (Coverage C) portion of your policy? If so, please remember that coverage is there to replace your personal property from linens to appliances! Adding musical instruments under that coverage may take away much needed coverage.